What end-of-the-summer, end-of-the-trip blog would be complete without a top 10 list?
10. Pagodas, pagodas...and more pagodas.
9. Tailor-made clothes: cutting out the Western middle man and going straight to the source.
8. Multiple karaoke sessions - who knew Lionel Ritchie was so big in SE Asia?
6. Being some of the tallest people in an entire country of 90 million souls.
5. Watching East meets West-ern medicine...while only working 6 hours per day.
4. Finding beach bungalows - all along the South China Sea coastline.
3. Cheap eats on a red stool as good as any $30 entree at an Asian fusion hot spot in the states.
2. Having our first conversation over dinner...entirely in Vietnamese.
1. Seeing the Que Huong (the homeland).